The history of civil aviation in the USSR started in 1923 with the adoption of the Resolution of the Labor and Defense Council On the assignment of technical supervision of airlines to the Central Department of the Air Fleet and on the organization of the Civil Aviation Council. At the same time, the Russian Voluntary Air Fleet Society, Dobrolyot, the predecessor of Aeroflot, was established.
In 1932, the Main Directorate of Civil Air Fleet was formed, and later Aeroflot was taken as the official name of the Soviet civil aviation; in 2004, the Federal Air Transport Agency, Rosaviatsya, originated.
Today, the Russian civil aviation comprises 225 airports, 80 of which have the international status, more than 100 airline companies, 18 institutions of higher and secondary professional education, and other organizations. In total, nearly 200 thousand specialists make the personnel pool of these structures.
The postage stamp provides an image of the jubilee logo of the 100th Anniversary of the Civil Aviation of Russia against the background of the night view of Moscow, and the logo of the RCC.
|Format of the stamp
|Offset + security system
|58 × 26 mm
|104 thousand stamps