The Gorodets Lighthouse was commissioned for operation in 1898. It is located on the shore of the White Sea in the northeastern part of the Kola Peninsula. Nowadays, it is a multifunctional complext, which includes a lighthouse in the form of a stone yellow tower, standing high above the red one-story tall house, a lighthouse technical building, two duplex dwelling houses and outbuildings. The tower is 18 m high from the base and 55 m from sea level. The lighthouse beacons with white flashing lights for up to 26 miles.
The Sarych Lighthouse was founded in 1898. It is located on the shore of the Black Sea in the southwestern part of the Crimean Peninsula. The lighthouse is a tower of 12 meters high made of cast iron resembling a giant chess piece. The total height of the building is 37.5 m. The Sarych Lighthouse is equipped with up-to-date instrumentation, a radio navigation system and radio equipment. The white light of the lighthouse is visible to ships from more than 20 miles away.
The postage stamps provide images of the Gorodets Lighthouse against the background of the map of the Kola Peninsula and the wind rose, and the Sarych Lighthouse against the background of the map of the Crimean Peninsula and the wind rose.
The stamps are also available for viewing in the AR mode in the mARka application.
Read more here.
||Format of the stamp
||Offset + security system
||42 × 30 mm
||135 thousand stamps