The development of the oncologic service in Russia has a long history. In 1945, after the end of the Great Patriotic War, the Decree of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 935 of 04/30/1945 on the construction and deployment of a nationwide network of oncologic institutions established the state system of oncologic service.
In modern-day Russia, the oncologic service is headed by the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation and Ministries of Health of the constituent entities of the Federation. The oncologic service encompasses 118 oncologic dispensaries of the republican, regional and city levels, and more than 2 thousand oncologic and radiologic departments and medical inspection rooms.
The postal stamp provides an image of a moment of a surgery operation, because timely medical intervention and highly professional work of physicians are the cornerstone of success in cancer treatment.
||Format of the Stamp
||Offset + security system