Tank building in Russia dates its history back to 1920–1921, when first Russian tank models were designed at the Krasnoye Sormovo plant in Nizhniy Novgorod on the basis of the captured Renault French tank. In the early 1930s, the principal design centers of Soviet tank building were established in Moscow, Leningrad and Kharkov. It was necessary to equip the army within a short time with newest light tracked and half-tracked, medium and heavy tanks. After the Great Patriotic War, new models were under development featuring more powerful armament, reliable protection and enhanced maneuvering quality. Nowadays, tank formations remain the main striking force of the Ground Troops of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
The stamps provide images of the following tanks:
— Borets Za Svobodu Tovarishch Lenin (Freedom Fighter Comrade Lenin);
— T-72 Ural;
— T-14 Armata.
||Offset + security system