Advisor Neronov’s Mansion was built in 1840 according to the project of architects N. Telitsyn and L. Volkov. It belongs to cultural heritage objects of federal significance and is one of the few buildings with the façade that has underwent no changes since the time of its construction.
The Samara Drama Theater was founded on November 8, 1851. The stone building of the theater was designed by architect M. Chichagov and opened on October 2, 1888. It is built in a conventionally Russian style and to this day, is the pride and a calling card of Samara. On September 29, 1936, based on the results of the All-Russian Festival of Gorky Drama, the theater was named after M. Gorky. The building of the Samara Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky is a cultural heritage object (a monument of urban planning and architecture) of federal importance.
The Golovkin's dacha complex was built in the early 20th century. Konstantin Golovkin personally designed the countryside residence. The general appearance of the residence with elephants and its layout resemble mostly the Viennese Secession stylistics that is the Austrian interpretation of Art Nouveau. An integral part of the countryside residence are sculptures of elephants and a mysterious girl (popularly known as Pannochka), who apparently epitomizes the Volga river. They are also the work by Konstantin Golovkin, and his apprentice was to be famous sculptor Vasily Akimov.
The factory kitchen was built under the project of Leningrad architect E. Maksimova in the then fashionable Constructivist style in 1932. She designed a two-story building with the total area of 8,200 square meters in the shape of a hammer and sickle, although you can only see it from a bird's eye view. Nowadays, it was granted the title of a cultural heritage monument, and besides, the factory kitchen has become a Samara branch of the Tretyakov Gallery, which specializes in Art of the 20th century.
The block of four provides images of the Neronov’s Mansion, the Samara Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky, the Golovkin's dacha complex and the factory kitchen of the Maslennikov plant.
In addition to the issue of the postage stamps, JSC Marka produced First Day Covers and special cancels for Moscow and Samara, as well as an illustrated envelope with the block of four and a label inside.
Design Artist: A. Moskovets.
Face value: 25 rubles.
Stamp size: 37×37 mm, block-of-four size: 94×99 mm.
Quantity: 30 thousand each stamp.