Yeniseysk - one of the oldest Siberian cities. The administrative center of the eponymous district of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. The Yenisei burg (first Tungussky) was laid on the left bank of the Yenisei in the summer of 1619 by a Cossack detachment headed by Maxim Trubchaninov as a military fortress. The names of researchers and travelers S. Dezhnev, V. Poyarkov, E. Khabarov and others are connected with the city: the routes of their expeditions passed through Yeniseisk.
In 1677, Yeniseysk became a discharge (regional) city. He was in charge of almost all of Eastern Siberia. Farming, iron-making, leather dressing, and wood processing were developed in the city and the surrounding area. In the XVIII century, Yeniseysk was famous for its famous fairs.
Also in the 10th
century, a religious school was opened at the Yeniseysky Spassky Monastery, which laid the foundation for the development of school education in the city, and a secular public school, the Small National School. With the Trans-Siberian Railway, Yeniseisk takes up its position and becomes a trade appendage of Krasnoyarsk.
During the years of Soviet power in Yeniseysk, enterprises developed related to the servicing of a shipping company on the Yenisei and local needs. It is a shipyard, mechanical repair shops, forest industry enterprises, food factories.
In 1970, Yeniseisk was listed as a historical city in Russia.
The postage stamp depicts a view of the city of Yeniseysk.
In addition to the issue of postage stamps of JSC “Marka”, the first day envelopes were issued and special cancellation stamps were made for Moscow and Yeniseysk of the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
Design: E. Plotnikova.
Rating: 40 r.
Brand size: 65 × 32.5 mm; sheet size: 160 × 160 mm.
Form release: sheets with decorated fields of 8 stamps (2 × 4).
Circulation: 120 thousand marks (15 thousand sheets).