Karo Alabyan (1897-1959) was a Soviet architect, academician, and executive editor of the Architecture of the USSR magazine.
In 1936-1937, Alabyan (in cooperation with architect S. Safaryan) began to work on the project of the exhibition hall of the Armenian SSR of the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition. In 1939, K. Alabyan went into the first group of full members of the Academy of Architecture of the USSR and was elected its first Vice-President. Since 1942, he was a member of the Commission for Registering and Protection of Monuments of Art, the Chairman of the Reconstruction Commission of the Union of Soviet Architects of the USSR. In 1943-1945, he was in charge of the development of the Master Plan of Stalingrad reconstruction. In 1949-1953, Alabyan was the Vice-President of the Academy of Architecture of the USSR.
Karo Alabyan designed the development of the governmental center in the city of Frunze (1951), created a competitive building project of the Borodino Panorama (1951) in Moscow, built the Harbor Station in Sochi (1949-1953), carried out the construction of the railway station in Voronezh (1950-1953), and a number of residential settlements on Leningrad Avenue in Moscow (1955-1958).
The postcard with a commemorative stamp provides a portrait of Karo Alabyan and his sketch of the exhibition hall of the Armenian SSR (1939).
||Format of the postal card
||105 × 148 mm
||4,5 thousand postcards