Uniforms and insignia of the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army changed every few years, conforming to the immediate demands and requirements of the times. Despite the fact that in most cases, the changes were non-essential, the history of the Red Army uniform had its turning points.
The military branches were to be differentiated by the color of collar patches, edgings on uniforms, edgings and bands of caps. The transition to the new uniform was prescribed to be started on October 1, 1941, and finished by the end of 1942. However, this transition was not carried out as scheduled. In the winter of 1941-1942, a more comfortable winter uniform was used for the first time. The Red Army men received padded jackets, quilted trousers, and synthetic fur caps with earflaps. Officers were given sheepskin half-length coats or fur-lined coats. In 1942, the Soviet Union began to receive uniforms from the United States and Canada under the Lend-Lease.
The postage stamps provide images of service personnel in the 1942 uniform: a driver and a convoy commander; a battery commander and a gun aimer; a military sanitary train commander and medical orderlies; a communications battalion commander and a signalwoman.
||Format of the stamp
||Offset + security system
||37 × 50 mm
||120 thousand stamps