The nuclear industry in Russia dates its history back to August 20, 1945, when it was decided to establish the First General Directorate under the USSR Council of People’s Commissars. As early as the following year, the first in Europe and Asia self-sustaining chain reaction of uranium fission was implemented under Igor Kurchatov’s guidance in the F-1 physical reactor in Moscow. The USSR was the leader in the peaceful use of atomic energy.
Today, State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom is a global company working in dozens of countries around the world on five continents and a recognized technology leader inside the country, which has gone far beyond the energy sector. Lasers and space, additive processes and digital products, innovative materials and quantum computers – all of these also belong to the nuclear industry domain.
The postal stamp provides an image of a fragment of the emblem of the Rosatom systemic company against outlines of the industry facilities: an icebreaker, nuclear power station and a tomographic scanner, as well as an overprint of the new face value. The text of the overprint on the margins of the stamp booklet reads: The 75th Anniversary of Nuclear Industry in Russia. In 1945, the First General Directorate for the use of uranium nuclear power under the USSR Council of People’s Commissars was established.
The stamp sheet with an overprint is produced in the composition of an illustrated envelope.
||Format of the Stamp
||Offset + security system
||54.9 thousand stamps