The history of tank construction in Russia began in 1920-1921, when the first domestic samples were developed at the Krasnoe Sormovo plant in Nizhny Novgorod on the basis of the captured French Renault tank.
In the early 1930s, the main design centers of the Soviet tank building were formed in Moscow, Kharkov and Leningrad. It was supposed to supply the army with new light tracked, wheeled-tracked, medium and heavy tanks in a short time. In the post-war period, new models with more powerful weapons, reliable protection and increased maneuverability are being developed.
Currently, tank formations remain the main striking force of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
The booklet of stamps "History of the domestic tractor industry" is included: sheets №2680-2683 and №2806-2809 without perforation, with images of domestic tanks released into postal circulation in 2020-2021.
||Format of the Stamp in the Booklet
||Offset + security system
||50 х 37 mm