On July 3, a postcard with a commemorative stamp dedicated to the Volga Higher Military Construction Command School will go into postal circulation in the History of the Armed Forces of Russia series.
The Volga Higher Military Construction Command School is a military educational institution of higher professional education, which used to train officers with the qualification of "engineer for the construction and management of buildings and facilities".
It was founded on December 1, 1950, by the order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the USSR as the Tomsk School of Military Engineering for training personnel for the Glavpromstroy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR. Since October 1952, the School was dislocated in Novosibirsk, and since 1973 it was located in Dubna of the Moscow Region. On February 20, 1983, it was renamed as the Volga Higher Military Construction Command School of the Ministry of Intermediate Engineering. On March 27, 1993, the school was disbanded. In 1994, after the disbandment of the school, International University Dubna was established on its territory.
The commemorative stamp provides images of warriors of different ages; the central image presents a monument to cadets of the Volga Higher Military Construction Command School and the ceremonial march of School graduates against the background of the School building.
In addition to the issue of the postcard with a commemorative stamp, JSC Marka
will produce special cancels for Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Dubna of the Moscow Region.
Design Artists: S. Ulyanovsky (stamp), S. Kapranov (illustration).
Quantity: 7.5 thousand postcards.