Vysokopetrovsky Stavropigial Monastery is situated in Moscow on the Petrovka Street. It was founded in 1315–1317 by Saint Peter of Moscow, the first Metropolitan and the first praised Saint of Moscow, and has been known since 1377 in written sources. The abode was the first cenoby in Moscow. The main part of the architectural complex was created in 17th-18th centuries. In 19th century, the abode became one of the important centers for enlightenment in Moscow. However, Mossovet (Moscow Soviet of People's Deputies) decided to close the monastery in 1926.
Since 1991 worship service attendance has been gradually restored and the divine service has been administered in the churches. On 10 October 2009, it has been decided by His Holiness the Patriarch and the Holy Synod to reinstate the cloister in the monastery.
Saint Laurentius Monastery was founded in Kaluga in 1515 by Prince Simeon Ioannovich at the location of heroic deeds of Blessed Laurentius of Kaluga. It is the oldest monastery of the Kaluga city and Kaluga Region. The Monastery is dedicated to Saint Laurentius and located in place of his burial.
Saint Laurentius is a prayer-defender of the Kaluga Region.
The Diocese of Kaluga was established at the end of the XVIII century and Saint Laurentius Monastery became a Bishops Compound. After 1917, temples and tombs, and even the walls of the monastery were destroyed.
In 1991, the monastery was declared a natural monument of local importance. At the end of 1994, there was recreated the Kaluga Saint Laurentius Monastery, a Bishops Compound.
The monastery complex consists of the Church of Sergius of Radonezh, the Chapel of Laurentius and the Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ. Nowadays there are a home church and an active monastic community within the territory of the monastery. The icon of Saint Laurentius is a particularly valued relic.
Additionally, FSUE PTC “Marka” will manufacture an illustrated cover with two stamps and first day covers with cancellations (Moscow, Kaluga) inside.
Design: S. Ulyanovskiy
Face value: 19 RUB
Size of stamps: 65×32.5 mm, size of sheets: 152×185 mm
Form of issue: sheets with illustrated margins of 9 (2×5) stamps
Circulation: 306,000 copies on each subject (34,000 sheets).