A postage stamp "State Program of Development of Voluntary Donorship Blood Service”
The history of blood donation in Russia originated in the XIX century. April 20, 1832, the first blood transfusion in our country was made by Andrew Wolff, obstetrician in Saint Petersburg.
Then the idea of donation was developed during the World War II, when military doctors began to use the citrate method of transfusion successfully and widely.
The world's first Institute of Blood Transfusion (now the Hematology Research Center of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences) was founded in Moscow in 1926.
Nikolai Semashko, the People's Commissar of Health of the RSFSR, has approved the Instruction on the application of the therapeutic method of blood transfusion in 1928. It explicated the requirements for the donor, determined the maximum volume of blood sampling. It was also decided to grant donors with financial compensation for increased power.
The tradition of voluntary blood donation is still going on.
Starting from 2008, a large-scale Blood Service Development Program to provide hospitals with the necessary volume of safe and effective components and blood preparations is being implemented by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Federal Medical-Biological Agency of Russia and FMBA’s Blood Center of Russia.
The stamp depicts the procedure of blood donation and the logo of the State program of development of voluntary donorship "Blood Service".
In addition to the issue of a postage stamp an illustrated cover has been prepared for the release with one stamp and an FDC with cancellation (Moscow) inside.
Design: A. Povarihin
Face value: 17 RUB
Size of stamp: 30 × 42 mm, size of sheet: 166 × 142 mm
Form of issue: sheet with 15 (5 × 3) stamps
Circulation: 405 thousand stamps (27 thousand sheets).
Stamps in the series "Flora of Russia" devoted to plants has been chosen as a symbol of cities in the framework of All-Russian ecological and patriotic action "Alley of Russia"
In 2014, voting on the green symbols of Russia has taken place within the national ecological patriotic action “Alley of Russia”. Every Russian citizen has had four months to state their opinion concerning plants worthy to become the symbols of their region. 2/5 million people have taken part in the voting. The green symbols will be used in environmental projects and park playgrounds. The first Alley of Russia will be located in “Park Pobedy”, a park in Sevastopol.
Stamps depict plants symbols of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Republic of Crimea, Sevastopol – the English oak, the Norway maple, the Grecian juniper, the Pitsunda pine.
In addition to the issue of postage stamps an illustrated cover has been prepared for the release with stamp sheet and an FDC with cancellation (Moscow, Sevastopol) inside.
Design: A. Povarihin
Face value: 20 RUB
Size of stamp: 36,5 × 29 mm; size of sheet: 100 × 150 mm
Form of issue: sheet with illustrated margins with 8 (2 × 4) stamps
Circulation: 104 thousand stamps of each subject (52 thousand sheets).