August 22, a stamp “100 years of the city of Kyzyl” is to be released into circulation

Kyzyl was founded in 1914 as Belotsarsk (White Tsar’s Town). Initially, the city was an emigrant point for Russians and was a member of Uryankhai Krai of the Yenisei province. The Uryankhai Krai came under the protectorate of Russia after the liberation from the yoke of the Manchu.

In 1918, it was renamed Khem-Beldyr. The treaty of friendship between the Tuvan People's Republic and the USSR was signed in 1926. As one of the results, it was given its present name.

Kyzyl is the capital of the republic. Within the framework of administrative divisions, it is incorporated as the city under republic jurisdiction of Kyzyl—an administrative unit with the status equal to that of the districts. As a municipal division, the city under republic jurisdiction of Kyzyl is incorporated as Kyzyl Urban Okrug.

A stamp depicts a coat of arms of Kyzyl City, the National Museum of the Tuvan People's Republic named after Aldan Maadyr and the sculpture “Tamer”.

An FDC with cancellation (Moscow, Kyzyl) has been prepared for the release.

Design: Kh. Betredinova.
Face value: 15 RUB
Size of stamp 42 × 30 mm, size of sheet: 146 × 170 mm.
Form of issue: stamp sheet of 15 (3x5) stamps.
Circulation: 405 thousand stamps (27 thousand sheets).

« back