The library of the Russian Academy of Sciences was founded in 1714 as the first state public library in Russia by the order of Peter the Great. Library funds were multilingual and universal. Manuscripts and books of the royal library of the Kremlin in Moscow, the personal collection of Peter the Great in the Summer Palace, Gottorp library of the Duke of Holstein, Mitavskaya library of the Duke of Courland, and book and manuscript collections of associates of Peter the Great were the foundation of the Library of the Russian Academy of Science.
For nearly three hundred years the Library of the Russian Academy of Science, fulfilling its mission, collects, preserves and provides use of a universal collection of documents on Russian and foreign languages, reflecting the research and studies in all areas of knowledge of all countries and peoples for the scientific community.
Currently, the library contains more than 19 million books.
A postcard with commemorative stamp depicts the anniversary logo “300 years of The library of the Russian Academy of Sciences” and rare books from the library.
Design: A. Povarihin.
Face value: letter "B".
Circulation: 12 thousand postcards.